What are bedbugs? How do they look like?
Bedbugs problem are a common problem in any country. Mainly they are found all over the world, but a temperate country like us they are found in large scale. Bed bugs are parasitic, meaning they feed on the blood of a host, and they can be hard to kill.
Bedbugs are one kind of warm-blooded insects. They use humans as their number one hosts. Most of them feed stuff on their hosts while they are asleep. The wide-ranging time for eating is between midnight and 4 am. They are mainly small and wingless insects. 5 mm-7 mm in length and as small as 1.5 mm width. They like to live most mutual in areas where people sleep. For example, beds, mattresses, bed covers, curtains, edges of carpet, foam springs and bed frames. There was also a coincidental to have bedbugs in unoccupied homes because they can live for months or even longer without food stock.
The life cycle of bedbugs:
- After mating, female bedbugs lay white and oval eggs (1/16″ long) into cracks and crevices. They preferred mostly dark place.
- An individual female bedbug can lay 200 to 250 eggs in her lifetime.
- The eggs hatch in 6 to 10 days.
- the newly born bedbugs seek a blood meal.
- Immature nymphs molt five times before reaching their adulthood.
- There may be three or more generations per year.
- Under normal circumstances, adult bed bugs will live for about 2 to 4 months.
How bedbug propagate?
Previously we have known that bedbugs live in such a place where human habitually stay like furniture, clothing, or bedding. In those places, their eggs may be existing. Bed bugs can propagate from one place to another quickly. They can also hide in boxes, suitcases, or any other item like those. Which are moved from residence to residence or from one home to another by a person unsuspectingly? They mostly like dark accommodation, so we can’t find them on our naked eyes. A healthy and also blood-fed female bedbug can lay from 2-5 eggs per day. Her full period it can lay over 200-500 eggs. That’s vast in scale.
How to identify bedbug nuisance on your home or living place?
You can certainly check it by yourself, is there any infestation of bedbugs on your household. In the beginning, crisscross is there any fecal marks, egg cases, and shed skins near your beds. sometimes a moldy odor is present where bedbugs exist. they are often laid in similar spaces where the female bedbugs stay. they develop an evident spot after a few days on their life circle. When you transport to a new place, you should investigate the place. Because there was so much opportunity to diseased by bedbugs in a new place.
Bed bug bite symptoms
Bed bugs can bite somewhere on the body where there is a skin for example, face, hands, neck, shoulders, arms legs etc. normally you do not feel the bite yourself. After gathering blood from the skin, it improves a clear mark on the body. the surrounding place occurs chronic tenderness and annoyance. sometimes bedbug bites may go unnoticed or be mistaken with mosquito bites. Almost all bed bug bites will produce some point of discomfort and irritation.
There are other symptoms of bedbug bites given below-
- Difficulties of breathing
- Rash or bleb
- Inflated tongue
- irregular heartbeat
this kind of serious symptoms needs medical attention.
- Increased of contamination due to the skin’s surface being compromised.
- Sleep deficiency due to the bugs only feed at night, some people will avoid sleep or will only get restless sleep.
- A frequent lack of sleep leads to feelings of unhappiness, anxiety, general tiredness, and lowered resistant function.
Bed bug bites vs mosquito bites
Some people don’t even know what a bed bug bite looks like. Mosquito bites and bed bug bites have some similarities. That’s why both bite marks look as same. It is hard to identify these two. it’s not easy to determine if you’ve been bitten by a bed bug.
But some here some clues that can help you to identify its either bedbug bites or mosquito bites.
- If you want to discover its bedbug bits or not, you must observe your prompted area. It is one of the best methods to tell the variance between mosquito and bed bug bites is to look at where the bites are happening on your body.
- Mosquito bites typically seem on random and disordered spots. On the other hand, Bed bug bites progress in bunches. The arrangement of bed bug bites frequently appears as a line or zigzag, aligning with the edge of a bed sheet or mattress.
- Mosquito bites become tickly faster. On the other hand, bedbugs can take up to 10-15 days to tickle.
- In the fact of mosquitos, the bite mark appears right after the biting takes place. Besides for bedbug, it can take from 24 hours up to a few days to advance the bite symbols.
- Mosquito Bites are moderately hurting and very much irritating. It leaves round red or pink spot on the skin. Bedbug bites generally unobserved and can be almost trouble-free at the time of the bite. That’s why people don’t know when they condemned by bedbugs.
- In terms of remedial, mosquito bites usually resolve and heal much earlier than bed bug bites. But bedbug’s impulse for few days or even lengthier.
Normally no treatment is essential for bedbug bites. Because the majority portion of bedbug bites are not that kind of thoughtful and can be settled completely. But sometimes it can be serious penalties are severe allergic reactions. In that kind of situation, treatment must be necessary.
Treatment which should take place against bedbug’s bites-
- Use antiseptic creams to relieve itching
- Take an antibiotic, if infection occurs
- corticosteroids, if a person has a severe allergic reaction
- antihistamines, to help relieve allergic reactions
that’s how we can treat bed bug bites.
How to control bed bugs
Getting rid of bed bugs is not an easy process. Most of the cases it will require treatment by a pest control expert. We know that bedbugs can survive up to over a year without taking food. So they may present even in unoccupied rooms. Don’t allow furniture or other items from frowsy areas. That’s mainly impacted by bed bugs like apartment buildings.
- Don’t allow furniture or other items from frowsy areas. That’s mainly impacted by bed bugs like bed-sitter buildings.
- choose stuff or other items which made out of materials that do not normally contain any cracks or layers. We may use that kind of furniture which made of metal or plastic or high-weave fabrics.
- If your furniture had any cracks, fractures, and seams. Fill or seal the fracture with the help of glue or paste.
- Laundry bedding at high temperatures can be lead on bedbug free room.
- When you travel you should keep inspection for symbols of bed bugs in hotel rooms. that can help avoid bed bug bites.
- Cover as much of the skin as possible while napping.
- Clean bedding and bed clothing frequently. If you do that, bedbugs can’t live your home form a long time. That’s how bed bugs can be removed properly and as perfectly as we want.
- Wash and dry blanket at high heat. If you apply sunlight, that would be more helpful.
- When you at household, do not stock any luggage under your bed. the luggage should be stored in a basement or garage or any other place which to connect to you bed.
- Clean your other items regularly and systematically, for example, mattresses, pillows, etc. Clean heavier bedding items, including mattresses, pillows, comforters using “dry steam”.
- The way to successful bed bug control is to systematically treat all of the cracks and gaps where bed bugs can hide. You should be applying at least 1-2 hours examining and handling each pest-hidden room.
- Rubbing alcohol is one kind of solute, that can kill pests by process of melting their cells. Rubbing alcohol is also a drying mediator, so it can destroy bed bug eggs by aeration them out. Applying this process, we can kill bed bugs.
- When roaming outsider place, you must keep your luggage on racks and away from floors, beds, and furniture.
How to make homemade bed bug spray:
You can easily make homemade bedbugs spray by using the household product.
We all know that vinegar is a strong acetic acid. So when we spraying vinegar directly on bedbugs it can kill them because that can smash an insect’s nervous system.
Homemade vinegar remedies for bed bugs are not serious kind of pesticides, but they are much safer and will work during early infestation.
Here’s how to make a vinegar bedbug spray:
You must apply white vinegar for making a spray.
- Fill an empty spray bottle with white vinegar. Then shake gently.
- Spray the vinegar straight onto bed bugs to execute them on contact or send them running into nearby zones you just preserved with vinegar.
- To prevent further mishap, soak all infested surfaces including window sills, walls, furnishings, mattresses, and carpets. Spray the exterior as well as the corners and bottoms.
- You would need to do this for several weeks to see a reduction in bed bugs.
Once upon a time, people used to say before they go to sleep “Good night, sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite”. But now that’s not the big deal for any one. We know how to fight against bedbugs.
The rise in infestations has been very tough to track because the bed bugs are not easily identifiable. But from the help of pest-control companies, local authorities, and hotel chains this problem can be easily eliminated. To prevent bringing bed bugs to one’s own home, we must take some precautions. That’s how we can live a bedbug free life and our lifestyle would be more fantastic.