Chandeliers add a warm feeling to the entrance, living room, or anywhere in your house; you hang them as your home decor. But the problem arrives when the bulbs somehow get fused, and you try to replace them with new chandelier bulbs. Because comparing the price range of the bulbs, choosing the quality, and finding the best light shape and colour may become a hassle for you. So in this article, we tried to describe chandelier bulbs and then suggest some of the best light bulbs for chandeliers that meet good quality and durability standards. You can read them to choose the best chandelier bulb for you.
Types of chandelier bulbs
There are so many varieties of light bulbs out there. You can get it in many sizes and colors. However, if you want to experience the authentic feel of chandelier lights, you should choose the chandelier-specific light bulbs for that.
There are two types of chandelier bulbs.
- Incandescent light bulbs
- LED light bulbs
Incandescent light bulbs
With the help of electric current, an incandescent bulb directly converts electricity into light by heating the filament.
Thomas Edison first developed incandescent bulbs in 1879. It’s the oldest electrical light that has been made in history. And it almost looks like a mini fire lamp. Like when we light the lamp with fire and cover it with a chimney glass. An incandescent chandelier light bulb looks like this when we switch it on.
However, incandescent bulbs are still banned in most countries, despite their warm lighting quality. You may wonder, why? Because if there is a rapid surge of energy through them, this bulb can overheat and burn out. Also, Australia was the world’s first country to ban incandescent bulbs from restricting greenhouse gas emissions.
In addition, these bulbs last a maximum of 700–1000 hours and waste a lot of electricity.
People are switching to alternative chandelier light bulbs that give the best experience possible.
LED light bulbs
LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are technically not light bulbs. Instead, they are tiny semiconductors or diodes that emit light.
They are the best alternative chandelier bulbs on the market. LED lights are famous for not producing harmful gases and not wasting unnecessary electricity, as incandescent light bulbs do. These types of bulbs have longer life spans, somewhere around a decade, and they don’t get overheated at all.
Also, you can get LED bulbs in different colours and varieties on the market.
The difference between incandescent and LED light bulbs
Incandescent bulbs and LED bulbs have so many differences in their price, lifespan, and other aspects. We tried to highlight some of the differences below.
1. Power Usage:
Chandelier bulbs work with the help of electricity. Some types of lights use a lot of electricity to produce a certain amount of light, whereas some types of lights use less electricity to produce the same amount of light.
Incandescent light bulbs
- A 60W incandescent light bulb uses 60 kWh power every 1000 hours.
- The US residential rate per kWh is 13.72 cents.
- An incandescent bulb will cost approximately 61$ around 10 years of operation.
LED light bulb
- Similarly bright as a 60W incandescent bulb, a 12W LED light bulb uses 12 kWh power every 1000 hours.
- As the US residential rate per kWh is 13.72 Cents per 1000 hours, a LED bulb costs 1.32$.
Lifespan is very important for any product. Customers never hesitate to buy products with long-lasting ability by even spending a little extra money.
Incandescent light bulbs
- Incandescent light bulbs’ lifespan is pretty disappointing.
- A 60W incandescent light bulb lasts approximately 1000 hours.
- If we convert them into days, they last only a few months.
LED light bulbs
- A 12W LED bulb lasts around 25,000 hours.
- If we convert them into days, this bulb will last several years.
- The life span of LED light bulbs is way longer than any incandescent light bulb.
We all have different tastes in anything and everything. And when it comes to favorite chandelier lightbulbs, nobody wants to compromise their expectations of how they want them to look. There are so many chandelier bulbs on the market, which come in different colors, shapes, and categories.
Incandescent light bulbs
- They are banned in so many places.
- You can still get them at some markets and online e-commerce sites.
LED light bulbs
- As LED lights are the most common and popular lights out there, it’s pretty obvious that the makers have created many different categories of these light bulbs.
- You can get this light in different colours, shapes, and other qualities.
Every product impacts the environment in some way, especially chandelier bulbs. Even some chandelier light bulbs are banned in some countries because of how much they are harmful to people’s lives.
Incandescent light bulb
- These bulbs are a great threat to nature as they produce harmful gases.
- Also, they waste so much electricity.
- They have the possibility of getting overheated and burned out.
LED light bulbs
- These bulbs are also harmful to the environment as they contain toxic elements.
- It has a great impact on energy savings.
- It is considerably less harmful than incandescent light bulbs.
How to choose a light bulb for a chandelier?
First, you need to think about your budget for your chandelier light bulb. Then make a requirement list of how you want your light bulb to look. If possible, note the requirements with a pen and paper. Find out if you want your light bulb to be dimmable or not. Then get to know some technical terms about chandelier bulbs before going to Amazon and buying them. They are:
- The light colors are measured in kelvins. Also, a low-temperature light emits a soft white or yellow light. And the high-temperature lights emit a blue tone.
- Soft white or yellow lights are between 2000K and 3000K. This range is perfect for living rooms or bedrooms.
- Warm lights are between 3100K and 4500K, perfect for a kitchen, workspace, or bathroom.
- Daylight is between 4600K and 6500K. It has a blue-white shade tone and is great for studying.
So, if you want the perfect light bulb for your chandelier, you should go for warm white or soft white to get the best chandelier lighting experience. It’ll give you the fullest feeling of an ideal, sparkly chandelier.
To be more specific, you want your chandelier to have approximately 2700K to be in an ideal position.
The benefits of choosing the right chandelier bulb
The light bulb you attach to your chandelier will eventually determine the aura of your room. If you go to the market and purchase any light bulb without knowing the good and bad technical sides of a chandelier bulb, it will eventually make you feel frustrated. Because when you see that your purchased light bulbs are not fulfilling your expectations, wasting electricity and looking like a regular bulb, you might regret not taking the time to choose the right light bulb.
So, before you purchase your chandelier light bulb, if you know what an ideal chandelier light bulb should be and how you want to see your bulbs spread light, it will eventually give you the most satisfying experience of all time.
So, choosing the right light bulb will help you to:
- Get the best chandelier experience.
- Fulfill your expectations.
- It’ll create the best sparkle and warmth in your space.
- Save more electricity.
Best light bulbs for chandelier
We’ve listed some quality chandelier light bulbs below, which are the best light bulbs for chandeliers, in our opinion. They are affordable, good quality, and beautiful in their colour varieties. You may read them and purchase the perfect chandelier light bulb for you.
Philips LED Flicker-Free Dimmable BA11 Light Bulb
If you’re thinking of changing your older incandescent light bulbs with any LED ones, this light bulb will be your best decision. The Philips LED BA11 Light Bulb is a very decorative, warm, and comfortable light. It has the amazing quality of being dimmed. More specifically, it can be dimmed from 2700K to 2200K. This bulb uses 80% less energy and lasts almost 14 times longer than ordinary incandescent light bulbs. Also, it’s Title-20 certified.
So, with all its durability, color variety, and clear lighting capability, it can undoubtedly be called the best-LED light bulb for chandeliers.
- Philips BA11 light bulb uses 80% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- It gives the best glow and warmth.
- You can dim the light when it’s needed.
- Sometimes they buzz when dimming.
- Bad engineering design.
GE Incandescent Chandelier Light Bulb
If you like to get the most authentic feel of a chandelier, then any incandescent light would be perfect as they are the oldest electric bulbs on earth. And this particular GE incandescent chandelier light bulb should be your first choice because it’s a long-lasting light bulb that can last for almost 1.4 years based on 3 hours of use per day. This bulb uses 40 watts and emits a warm, soft white light. It’s a dimmable, bright, and clear enough chandelier bulb to change the aura of your house and take the legacy to the next level.
- It’s a very decorative light.
- It gives a crystal clear glow.
- Dimmable from 100% to 0%.
- It gets overheated sometimes.
- Bulb tips may not fit into all sockets.
Edison Dimmable Vintage Style LED Bulb
Vintage products always have a different fan base. People who like vintage shoes, clothes, or products are called “classy,” which we can’t deny. This particular LED bulb has amazing vintage touches in its shape. Besides that, it has a whole 5000+ hours of lifespan, 6000K daylight white, and 0%–100% fully dimmable access.
It saves 90% more energy than an incandescent light bulb and is shock and vibration resistant.
- It gets on instantly.
- Shock and vibration resistant.
- Low light decay.
- 360% beam angle.
- They are way too bright, even using a dimmer.
- The light flickers sometimes.
Dimmable E12 LED Candelabra Bulb
It is also a vintage-style candle LED light bulb for chandeliers. This 4W light provides a 2700K warm light color temperature and a very amazing vintage look. You can conveniently dim the light to set the mood at night. It’s best for small types of chandeliers. Including chandeliers, this light can be used as ceiling fan lights, candlelight bulbs, candelabra bulbs, and many other places. This bulb is very energy efficient and has the best quality and longest lifespan.
- Variety of uses.
- Its vintage details add a classic look to your house.
- Standard narrow candelabra base.
- They start flickering.
- They’re not as bright as they should be.
Sylvania Incandescent Double Life Light Bulb
Check out this light bulb if you want a soft-white light for your chandelier. The SYLVANIA incandescent light offers you the most superior glow and the best durability. This light bulb comes with 6 lights and offers warmth and comfort through the light. They are very easy to install and can be used for other options.
The only small problem with this bulb is that it’s a little pricey. But if you want nothing but soft white light on your chandelier, you should definitely purchase this one.
- White soft-light.
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Good lifespan.
- They’re not very bright.
- Some bulbs come out broken or damaged after unboxing.
Sunlite 40007 Incandescent Petite Flame Tip Chandelier Light Bulb
Sunlite lighting 12 pack incandescent chandelier lamps emit a 2600K warm white light and last around 100,000 hours. It doesn’t contain mercury. It is suitable for a wide space like living room or dining room. These lights have a Candelabra (E12) base and have been designed to fit into variety of applications. These chandelier bulbs from Sunlite lighting do more than illuminate a room. These bulbs bring new life to a chandelier.
- They’re perfect for the chandeliers.
- Their lifespan is pretty impressive.
- These bulbs come with good packaging. So there is less possibility of them getting damaged while shipping.
- Some bulbs comes misfit to the socket.
- These bulbs are way too bright.
SYLVANIA Incandescent Décor Light Bulb
This bulb offers many benefits, including being fully dimmable, instantly on, superior lighting quality, etc. It also has the warmest glow and the best lifespan ever. Customers love this product for its affordable price range and the elegant look it serves. You can use this light for multiple purposes. Like, on your ceiling fan, lamp, chandelier, etc.
- This bulbs are so beautiful and bright.
- It serves a beautiful vintage look.
- They’re not so energy efficient.
- Gets overheated sometimes.
Chandelier bulbs add a different sort of legacy to our houses. They look beautiful hanging on the chandeliers and look even more beautiful when they spread light. These bulbs fit into any space in our houses, like the living room, dining room, bedroom, and even the kitchen. They change the room’s aura and bring positivity, mood, and warmth with their lights.
Reader, we’ve tried to give a complete description of chandelier light bulbs and have finally suggested some of the best chandelier light bulbs for you. Still, if you have any further questions about this topic, please feel free to comment below.